Saddle up and let's ride down the trail of tales or tails.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE LISTEN?

Part of my research information has been in the realm of animal communication. There is a lot of information from people who feel this is legitimate. I have come to the conclusion that they do communicate deliberately in many different ways.
I think we are too busy trying be heard and push our agendas that we never hear them. The following are some of my personal experiences. I am not trying to make a believer out of you, just enjoy the story.

People feel that Arabians are more sensitive to humans than other breeds of horses. The way the breed developed that conclusion makes sense to me. The first donation to the school was an Arabian mare about 21 years old. (She is now 30)



She was standing alone in the group pen when I went out to catch her. As I walked up I was
talking to her telling her that I was going to catch her for someone. She looked directly at me, then over her right shoulder. She looked back at me then looked over her left shoulder. When she again looked at me, I told her that I meant she was going to work and there was no use looking for someone else.

Another time a mom was tacking her up to ride and her husband was along. I was in another spot and didn't hear and see what happened but I did hear mom say, "Teefa, he really doesn't mean it. You don't look like a llama." When I came around she had her head on mom's shoulder and was looking at us with big, soulful eyes. When dad had said that her winter coat looked like a llama, she put her head on mom's shoulder. Don't insult a princess.

One more Teefa story (and yes) I have had incidents with other horses, snake and now a dog that has come in).

A little 4-year-old earned riding an easier horse so I picked Teefa. The kid had not trotted yet and I didn't want Teefa trotting. When I caught her and brought her in I started yammering at her about the kid and that I didn't want her to trot. At the arena, I told her one more time before they went off.

Sure enough, when big sister started to trot her horse Teefa trotted 3 steps. She was clear across the arena from me. I jumped up and started hollering at her (not the rider). She quit trotting long before I got to her.

When I was about six feet from her, she lowered her head, had a glaring look in her eye and the
words appeared in my mind - with appropriate tone of voice - "I forgot, okay?".

I shut up and went back to my stool. She continued the rest of the lesson at a walk.

No comments: