Saddle up and let's ride down the trail of tales or tails.

Monday, December 3, 2012

MAKES ME STOP AND THINK


 

I’ve tried not to ask a lot of questions about this little one but I found out she was a preemie and in the hospital under sedation for 9 very long months after her arrival on planet Earth. When time came for discharge, Mom was told by the doctors not to expect much. Thankfully, the follow-up support staff thought otherwise and encouraged the family to help her be all she could and yes, do expect much.

When she showed up I noticed tan lines – came wearing a tank top. When we talked Mom told me she really likes being outside and all kinds of animals. I continue to marvel at Mom’s ability to walk the thin line of encouraging independence and yet still protecting as needed.

The reason for horseback riding was to give her a sport that she can be good at – team activities are not a good fit right now. Also, Mom thought she too could learn and has a vision of the two of them riding horses together.

Needless to say, when they come, I find myself being very thankful for the life I have led and continue to lead. I can’t begin to wrap my head around a person just 3 years old having to learn all the ‘normal’ things to live her life but all the extra she has dealt with just to live.

I feel very privileged that they come here for her to ride and let the Queen, Teefa, take good care of her.

No comments: